We recognize that your privacy is important. We are committed to making our website safe for you by protecting your personal information.
1. What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We let you do some things on our website without registering for an account or providing any personal information to us. For full use of our website, we may collect the following types of information:
- Your email address: When you create an account with us, we ask you for your email address. We may send communications to this email address, including messages related to your use of our website or services. To opt out of receiving those communications, you must terminate your account with us. You cannot both opt our of these communications and continue to use our website.
- Other information you provide: When you create an account with us, we ask you for personal information (such as your name and an account password). We might combine the information you submit under your account with other information we collect to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining information.
- Log information: When you access our website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs can include information such as your web request, internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and cookies that uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications: When you send email or other communications to us, we retain those communications to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- Affiliated sites: We might offer some of our services within with other web sites. Those other sites might send us your personal information to allow us to deliver the service. We process that information in accordance with this policy. Those other sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links: We might present links in a way that lets us track whether you followed these links. We use this information to improve the quality of our services. If the link is an ad, we may also use or record of the fact that you clicked the ad to get the advertiser to pay us. When you click a link on our website, the link may identify the fact that you came from our website to the site you are going to.
- Other sites: This policy applies only to our website. We do not control sites whose links or advertisements we display. We allow some sites to display our masthead or logo on portions of their site; make sure you check the address bar in your browser. This is especially true for pages that allow you to request information from one of our advertisers (such as colleges looking for potential students). These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data, or solicit personal information from you. You should check their privacy policies before providing any information.
2. Why do we process your personal information?
We process personal information in the United States of America and in other countries. Especially if you are outside the United States, we may process personal information outside your own country. We only process personal information for the purposes described in this policy. In some cases, we may process personal information for a third party, such as our advertising partners. We process personal information for the following purposes in addition to those described elsewhere in this policy:
- charging you for services that you buy from us;
- providing our services to our users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
developing new services.
3. What choices can you make about our use of your personal information?
When you sign up for an account or for some additional services, we ask you to provide personal information. You can decide not to submit personal information. If you do, you might not be able use our website fully. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If your cookies are disabled, some of our website may not work properly. Before we use your personal information for anything other than the purposes for which we collect it (including any described in this policy), we ask for your consent or offer you a way to opt out from that use.
4. How do we share your personal information?
We only share personal information with other companies or individuals in the following situations:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent before we share any sensitive personal information.
- You have agreed to pay us. We provide enough information to carry out the payment transaction to a bank or payment processor. For the bank or payment processor to handle the payment, they provide the information to other actors in the financial system, including your bank.
- We provide the information to others so they can process it for us. We require that they agree to process it based on our instructions and to abide by other confidentiality and security measures.
- We compile aggregated, non-personal information. We may share aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who use our website, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. That information does not identify you individually.
5. How do we protect your personal information?
We take security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information. These include physical and technical measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal information. We restrict access to personal information to our personnel, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. We bind these people with confidentiality obligations and may discipline them, including termination or criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
6. How do we ensure the integrity of your personal information?
We process personal information only for the purposes for which we collect it and in accordance with this policy. We try to collect, store, and process only the personal information needed to provide, develop, or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on you to update or correct your personal information whenever necessary.
7. How can you access, correct, or delete your personal information?
We try to allow you to access your personal information, correct it if it is inaccurate, and delete it if the law and legitimate business purposes do not require us to retain it. We ask you to identify yourself and the information you want to access, correct, or delete before processing those requests. We may refuse requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be unreasonable (for instance, requests concerning information on backup tapes). We perform this service free of charge, except when doing so would require a disproportionate effort (which is the case if you ask us to do it manually when you could do it yourself using our website).
We regularly review our compliance with this policy. This policy is not a promise to you. But if you have any questions or concerns about this policy or what we are doing with your personal information, please write to us at the address below. If you send us a formal, written complaint at this address, our policy is to contact you about your concerns. We cooperate with government authorities to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal information that cannot be resolved between you and us.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please feel free to write us at: FunnelBrain LLC; Attn: Privacy Department; 28310 Roadside Drive STE 229 Agoura Hills, CA 91301; USA.
This version of this page first appeared on October 22, 2011. You may print this page for your records.