What are the necessary life functions?
1. Plasma membranes and skin; maintaining boundaries btw internal and external enviroment
2. Movement; of body partsÂ (skeletal) and of substances (cardiac and smooth muscle.)
3. Responsiveness; the ability to sense and respond to stimuli
4. Digestion; break down food and absorb molecules in the blood.
5. Metabolism; all chemical reactions occur in body cells.Â (Catabolism, Anabolism.)
6. Excretion; the removal of wastes from metabolism and digestion. (Urea, carbon dioxides, feces.)
7. Reproduction; celluar growth/repair, offspring.
8. Growth; increase the size of a body part or organism.