What is Merton's typology? 5 ways people respond to conflict and strain.
– person who conforms accepts both the goals and means for achieving culturally
– person who innovates accepts goals but not the means for achieving these
goals. (I.E Drug Dealer may accept materialist values but not through
– ritualists reject the goals but accept the means.
– retreatists reject both the goals and the means.
– rebels not only reject both the goal and means but also substitute the
rejected goals with another set of goals.